Musculoskeletal (MSK) condition is a chronic disorder that affects the bones, ligaments, tendons, and muscles. It can occur due to injuries, strain, sprain, etc. Patients with this condition suffer from aching, stiffness, burning sensations in the muscles, and other symptoms. MSK condition is a chronic disorder that can affect people of all ages, from children to adults to seniors. The rehabilitation process of Musculoskeletal conditions involves physiotherapy. Physiotherapists include various therapies based on the patient’s condition.
Treatment of MSK Condition
MSK conditions can be cured by using a variety of physical therapies and medication. Following is a list of them:
- Acupuncture is a Chinese healing method that can help you deal with fatigue, migraine, pain, and other conditions. The process involves inserting thin needles into your body.
- Chiropractic Adjustment also helps to deal with MSK conditions. Specialists apply force in the pain area with the hand and apparatus to relieve pain.
- Therapeutic massage helps patients to relax as they feel instant relief from pain.
- Pain relievers are often used to reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling caused by MSK conditions.
- Steroid injections are another commonly used method to alleviate pain and other MSK conditions.
Benefits of Physiotherapy in MSK Condition
Physical therapy is one of the most preferred treatment methods for Musculoskeletal conditions. It is a nonsurgical process and does not have any major side effects. There are several benefits of physiotherapy for MSK condition, such as:
- Increase Strength
Physiotherapy not only brings back your muscle strength but also increases it. It also helps to prevent injuries.
- Boost Agility
MSK physiotherapy makes you more flexible so you can move without any restrictions.
- Improves Body Balance
MSK conditions might hinder your body balance. However, with physical therapy, you can maintain your balance.
- Promotes Overall Health & Fitness
Physiotherapy includes a series of exercise and body movements that makes you more active and healthy.